Phoenix Recreational Society (Diogenes Sun Club) Privacy Notice for Non-members and Visitors
1. About this notice
1.1 This notice sets out why, when and how we collect personal data about visitors to the club, how we use it and keep it secure, and what your rights are in relation to it.
1.2 We may collect, use and store data about you as detailed in this notice, and will do so in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, details of which can be found on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.gov.uk.
1.3 This notice may be reviewed from time to time without prior notice, but never retrospectively. You are advised to check for the latest version on our website (www.diogenessunclub.co.uk).
1.4 For the purposes of the GDPR we are both the Data Controller and Processor of the personal data you provide.
2. Who we are
2.1 We are The Phoenix Recreational Society (Diogenes Sun Club) and we can be contacted at:
Chalfont St. Peter
Email: club-secretary AT diogenessunclub.co DOT uk
3. The information we collect, and why
3.1 The information you provide will be used to:
- Contact you for reasons related to your enquiries and visits.
- Facilitate and administer your visits to the club, whether as a camping visitor, prospective member, or guest.
- Monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviours of visitors to our website. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.
3.2 The legal bases for processing your data are:
- To enable us to administer your visit to, or stay at, Diogenes Sun Club (contract);
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the club by knowing who is enquiring and visiting us, and their usage of certain facilities such as camping and sauna, and producing anonymised data about the profile of visitors (legitimate interest);
- For those who have subscribed, to send you club news emails (consent)
4. How we protect your personal data
4.1 We maintain generally recognised standards of information, technical and physical security to prevent the loss or misuse of data, or its unauthorised alteration or destruction.
4.2 Please note that where you are transferring information to us through the Internet, it cannot be guaranteed 100% secure.
4.3 We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
5. Who else has access to your information?
5.1 We do not sell, rent or pass on the personal data we hold about you. We will not disclose information about you unless required by law, including the reporting of any suspected criminal activity.
5.2 Your personal information will be processed through the servers of our third party website hosting company to enable us to deal with your enquiry, and our third party email service for those who are subscribed to our newsletters. Processing may include the use of contact forms on our website.
5.3 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to a destination external to the Diogenes web server (for example committee members email accounts) to enable us to deal with your enquiry. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
5.4 Your information may be processed through our accounting system for the purposes of accounting for income received.
5.5 Your booking for a visit may be held in a diary or visitor book or similar to enable us to administer your booking.
6. How long will we keep your information?
6.1 We will hold your personal data as follows:
- For camping visitors we will hold it for the duration of your stay and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligation
- If you apply to visit the club as a prospective member and subsequently apply for membership, we will hold your data in accordance with our Privacy Notice for Members, which you will be given to you along with your membership application form.
- If you apply to visit the club as a prospective member and we do not hear from you, we will retain your data for six months from the date of our last contact with you to enable us to process your request more quickly if you wish to pursue your application further.
- We will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with legal and accounting requirements.
- For persons excluded from the club, we will retain personal data in archived form for the purposes of safeguarding the club and its members.
7. Your rights
7.1 The General Data Protection Regulation gives you certain rights:
- To access your personal data
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data corrected
- To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
7.2 If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated at club-secretary AT diogenessunclub.co DOT uk , or by post to:
The Club Secretary
Phoenix Recreational Society (Diogenes Sun Club)
7.3 If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/, telephone 0303 123 1113, or by post to:
Information Commissioner’s Office